« Home | in boston » | the vineyard @ the trash bar? » | new skin » | prayer in loisida » | prayer » | discipline » | hung with good friends tonight. having good frien... » | my monthly blog....been busy with loads of stuff g... » | In my weakness I findThat Your stringth knows no b... » | So the Donald wants to rebuild the old World Trade... » 

Friday, October 14

focus

been feeling a bit down the past couple days. really looking for focus... asking the hard questions about my life, the church, our church, etc. i get like that sometimes.

i feel like i've gotten some reminder of what i'm/we're to be about from Luke 4:19 & specifically Pittluck's thoughts on it.

16He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day
he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read. 17The
scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the
place where it is written:
18"The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed,
19to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

20Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down.
The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him, 21and he began by
saying to them, "Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing."

amazed that we do this together with jesus. i have alot of learning to do. alot of yielding to do too.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 

About me

  • I'm kp
  • From Brooklyn, New York, United States
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates