« Home | Went to Coney Island this past weekend with E's li... » | The blogsphere is rocking again (atleast from the ... » | Hey everyone. Really long time, no blog. You can... » | I heard from 2 independent sources in 3 days about... » | I have not blogged in over 4 months. Sorry! This... » | I'm all fired up right now! got to lead worship to... » | An exciting time right now. Its a new way for E a... » | You know those days where it seems you just can't ... » | BLOG #1 FOR MONDAY: this past weekend we got to se... » | BLOG #2 FOR MONDAY: Its nice weather here in NYC a... » 

Tuesday, September 14

The 'ebb and flow' of people in NYC is very interesting. I was in Pearl Art on Canal St today picking up some supplies for E, and just noticed the massive amount of students that flock here in Sept. Its almost like we need to base our calendar on it.

A bit more perplexing is the oddity that is the ebb & flow of people in our church here. I mean, its a constant, which is fine once you get used to it. Some situations are that people move on (like the Kecks & Matt&BeccaT) but it can be frustrating when I feel like I'm like watching people suffering for whatever reason & it pulls them away from us. I suppose its healthy in some respect, MikeT (probably stealing from wimber) does say that we have a big front door and an even larger backdoor....not so that people can just leave, but that we're not going to try to manipulate or control people into staying some place they don't want.

Its weird. I am learning to trust that God will take care of us, though. Especially in this case b/c it is His church, so we'll let Him shuffle the deck... I just hope he doesn't decide to play 52-pickup.

...that may have been a thought that I should have kept in my head...but whats a blog for if you can rant about stupid, perflexing stuff thats stewing in your mind?

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

i'm a captain now? sweet!

but thats the beauty too, because you guys are a sending ground and a place where people can come... hangout and be sent

Add a comment

 

About me

  • I'm kp
  • From Brooklyn, New York, United States
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates