« Home | I don't understand if Keck's red truck comment bel... » | Everyone rejoice...MatT has decided to continue bl... » | Thanks to everybody who made us feel good on Sunda... » | Had a long day today. We got out of work early..... » | I haven't blogged in over a month. This long-dista... » | Ever think about Lawyers? They are a resilient ra... » | Stayed at work late yesterday working on a design ... » | The totally sexy hand & guitar neck on the far le... » | So we're back. From upstate. E's grandfather isn... » | I just wrote a whole entry & it got erased. So s... » 

Monday, September 22

BLOG #2 FOR MONDAY:
Its nice weather here in NYC and we're enjoying where we live. When we first moved here E didn't like it so much... we had mice, she was driving back to LI 5-6 days a week in mondo-traffik-o, etc. Now we're both enjoying the nabe.

I wanted to live in the nicer streets of Carroll Gardens (just across the highway), but we couldn't afford that. So now we're on the bastardized Carroll Gardens/Red Hook border of what hipsters and real estate brokers call "Carroll Gardens West".

Its not quite as exclusive, yet still safe & still really neighborhoody. The coffee place down the block knows Erica by face and its just a cool community to be apart of. Our good, good friend Becca T mentioned something to E a while back about how NYC, & Brooklyn in particular is different than most other places in the US, in that we really do have cultural & personal neighborhoods. I been thinking about that....and how it applies to being a community of Christ here. I want to know how to demonstrate the kingdom of god here....how to let the contagious restoration of souls flow through us.

I want to be more open. Open for/to my wife & open to what I know the God of the universe has commissioned us to be/do.

+don't leave us alone. please keep us in your way...in your jesusmovement.+

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 

About me

  • I'm kp
  • From Brooklyn, New York, United States
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates