« Home | So I go after work to get the car home & try to fi... » | Had a mind-challenging weekend, after a practical-... » | The 'ebb and flow' of people in NYC is very intere... » | Went to Coney Island this past weekend with E's li... » | The blogsphere is rocking again (atleast from the ... » | Hey everyone. Really long time, no blog. You can... » | I heard from 2 independent sources in 3 days about... » | I have not blogged in over 4 months. Sorry! This... » | I'm all fired up right now! got to lead worship to... » | An exciting time right now. Its a new way for E a... » 

Wednesday, January 19

I Left & Returned from a fabulous trip to Bristol last weekend to see the Turrigiano clan there. Little Sam is my Godson, so I had to go and exercise my Godfathering duties. The kid is amazing, as is his parents.

MatT & I cruised through Bristol on Sat night checking out the nightlife of Bedminster. We first drank at a 450 year old pub, then finally landing on a white-trash truely British gem that was running, "A-Team Karaoke". My first thought was that I was going to see some little englishman dressed up like BA Baracus singing Madonna's "Holiday". To my surprise, I wasn't too far off.

Unfortunately, there was no BA... but the old Bristolian wearing a captain's hat sitting next to me (who was impressed that I'd come to Bristol, yet yelled at Matt, & verbally bashed our choice of smokes & pork snaps & whatever else he could) made it worth the trip. On top of that, the place was packed with everyone from Grandmas to 14 year olds -- they all could have drank me under the table. The Karaoke was amazingly horrific, between the singing, song choice & dress of the participants. It was like American Idol meets In The Name of the Father.

Between that and the crazy asian chip guy feeding us grease in a bag with something fishy & starchy (which we ate in proper Bristolian fashion -- on the street corner), it was a memorable night.

Just wish our lovely ladies could have joined us. E was back 3000 miles in the bklyn hood, & becca a couple blocks away with the kidz.

Bristol is a fair city. Great people. Bristol Vineyard is a great church with loads of great people who blog. & Wallis & MatT pretty much shamed me into blogging again. You can thank them.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Glad you enjoyed your visit to our city and in particular Bemmy (bedminister) very impressed that you obiviously understood the accent as most english people outside of Bristol don't.

but the trick is to keep blogging - wallis

Add a comment

 

About me

  • I'm kp
  • From Brooklyn, New York, United States
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates