« Home | silent, tired terror? » | cancer. » | Jesus Freaks - 15 years on » | Lonnie Frisbee » | portuguese » | 9/11 » | warren jeffs » | Japan is Producing Electricity from Train Station ... » | Freakstock Live Cam » | worship 07/30 in new york » 

Monday, November 6

beck & the spoonmen

I saw Beck at Lollapalooza many moons ago. Before that day I thought, even though he was a loser (baby), he was pretty cool. It was a hot day & he was on towards the end of the afternoon, so people were tired, hot & rocknroll agitated (July in NYC is like the rain forest).

So someone throws a bottle up at him on the stage... instead of taking it like a man he freaks out (like the loser he self-professed being) & whined "if you guys keep throwing stuff at me, I'm not gonna play anymore". So of course, this provoked the crowd like school kids with a sub in June to throw everything possible up onto that stage. He then takes his microphone & moves behind the drummer & continues his set. A loser indeed. My taste for him was lost in that moment.

..... until we caught him on Letterman this past week. A phenominal performance. & I just found the video below from SNL this past Saturday. The dude has regained stud status in my heart & mind.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 

About me

  • I'm kp
  • From Brooklyn, New York, United States
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates