« Home | comments are working! » | imagine this... » | what the hell is going on today? » | roots » | comments not working... » | Civil Service, MySpace & MacBook » | Ever think about what color blind (or deficient) p... » | healing » | jury duty » | living dead » 

Wednesday, July 19

when did people stop naming their kids Edith?

digg.com is the best site ever. I won't harp on it's wonders right now, but check out this way cool Baby Name Wizard that I found on digg:

Is your name popular? (Or, when did people stop naming their kids Edith?)

Amazingly cool Java app lets you enter a name and shows you how popular it was from 1880 to the present. Edith has been on the decline since 1880, Sunshine peaked in the 1970s, and the undisputed king of girls names Mary is just on the way out circa 2006.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 

About me

  • I'm kp
  • From Brooklyn, New York, United States
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates